The March holidays are going to be here very soon and since it's the first ever school holiday for the big girl, I hope to make it a special and fun-filled term break for the kids! Besides planning a staycation for that week, we have something real cool, yes I do mean cool, to look forward to!
It's Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival!
Oh gosh, just saying that mouthful makes me all thrilled already! I mean, who doesn't like Disney and to be able to see all your favourite fairytale characters come to life and perform awe-inspiring stunts on ice, that's like a dream come true not just for the kids, but for me too!
I still remember how much all of us enjoyed Treasure Trove two years ago and now that the kids are a little more grown up, I bet they are going to love the show even more! Plus, guess what? The girls have been yearning for this and that long-awaited moment has finally arrived - we are going to see Elsa and Anna on ice! Yes, you read it right! All the Frozen fans will be thrilled that their favourite characters are going to be part of this year's Disney on Ice show! I bet my kids can't wait to meet the cool-looking Ice Queen and their favourite snowman!
From 11 March 2016 to 20 March 2016, get ready to enter a world of enchantment featuring the most magical moments from across the kingdom in Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival.
This year’s theme, Magical Ice Festival, takes you on a sensational journey with your most loved Disney characters on ice. Experience a medley of Disney movies from The Little Mermaid to Beauty and the Beast, with special appearances from characters of the Academy Award winning and Number One Animated Feature Film of all time – Disney’s Frozen! Audiences will journey up the North Mountain with the hilarious snowman Olaf, rugged mountain-man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven as they help the sisters along the way in a story full of action, adventure, magic and unforgettable characters. In a new twist on fairytale fun, comical segments from everyone’s favorite Disney characters set the scene for the show stopping on-ice stories of princesses Ariel, Rapunzel and Belle.
“In our more than 30 years of producing Disney On Ice shows, Feld Entertainment has been waiting for a film like Frozen,” says Producer, Nicole Feld. “The most exciting part of bringing characters like Anna and Elsa to the ice for the first time is knowing that they have a powerful and inspiring message that resonates with audiences as the sisters discover the true meaning of love.”
We have been waiting for a film like Frozen too and having two girls in the family makes the show resonate with us even more deeply and I hope these two will always remember to love, to care and to sacrifice for each other. Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by the heart. Pssst, the last we heard, Frozen 2 is already in the making too!
With an extraordinary line-up of hit songs, memorable scenes and never-before-seen characters to look forward to, here are 10 fun facts behind Disney On Ice!
1. Disney On Ice was founded in 1981 and has since travelled to over 75 countries and 6 continents
2. The average size of the ice skating surface is 140ft [42m] x 70ft [21m]
3. There are approximately 180 costumes presented at one Disney On Ice show
4. And more than 100 people work on these costumes
5. It takes 18 trucks to transport all production equipment for set-up
6. And it takes between 12-15 hours to set up one Disney On Ice show
7. But just about 4 hours to tear down the entire production
8. Over 80 different colours of paint are used on the 183 props for this production
9. The youngest performer on this year’s show is 19-years-old and the oldest is 44-years-old
10. Each performer may change up to 8 costumes in one show
Just to test yourself to see if you are a true Disney fan, see if you can answer these trivia!
1) In which kingdom do Anna and Elsa live?
2) Who helped Young Anna recover from being hit by Elsa’s powers?
3) Who likes "warm hugs"?
The Little Mermaid
4) How many sisters does Ariel have? What are their names?
5) Ursula gives Ariel the ability to walk on land. How long is this ability supposed to last?
6) What is the name of the tavern where Flynn and Rapunzel meet a bunch of Viking thugs?
7) What is Flynn Rider’s real name?
Beauty and the Beast
8) What does the Beast give Belle to always remember him by?
9) What part of the castle does the Beast forbid Belle to go to?
10) Name at least three of the enchanted characters that live in the Beast’s castle.
1) The Kingdom of Arendelle
2) Grand Pabbie.
4) Six. Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, Andrina
5) 3 days
6) The Snuggly Duckling 2.
7) Eugene Fitzherbert
8) A magic mirror
9) The West Wing
10) The Beast, Mrs. Potts, Chip, The Featherduster, Cogsworth, Lumiere, The Wardrobe, Stove (Chef Bouche)
Now, are you as excited about this event as all of us are?
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Ticket pricing: $25-$200
Duration: 2 hrs (including 15-min interval)
Child admission policy: Infants in arms and children under 2 years of age may be admitted free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat (they must be seated on the lap of a parent or guardian). Children aged 2 and above must purchase a ticket for admission. All children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Tickets for Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival can be purchased online via www.sportshubtix.sg.
To learn more about Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival, visit www.disneyonice-asia.com/magical-ice-festival/
For those of you who are interested, here's a giveaway where one reader will get to win a family package of 4 tickets to Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival!
Terms and Conditions
1) Event venue will be at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
2) The family package of 4 tickets is worth approximately $300.
3) Tickets will be valid for one of the opening weekend shows on either 12 Mar (Sat) or 13 March (Sun). Showtimes are at 11am, 3pm and 7pm. Exact date and time to be advised by organiser at a later date.
4) Changes to date/time will not be allowed.
5) This giveaway will end on 17 Feb 2359hrs. The winner will be contacted via email and will have 72 hours to respond. Otherwise, a new winner will be picked.
To participate, leave a comment in this blog post with your name, email address and tell me which character your child is most looking forward to seeing at Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival. Indicate in the Rafflecopter widget that you have done so and to increase your chances of winning, you can choose to carry out the rest of the options. Best of luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway Disclosure: We received a media invite to attend Disney on Ice presents Magical Ice Festival. All opinion are our own.